Yoshi's got a new blog. He's got a funny sense of humor, like in this entry: "[Dilbert - The Way of the Weasel] kind of made me demotivated to work for my client company where 80 percent of the people there are weasels." Kind of like half of my department in the U.S. does 98% of the work...Pareto (80/20 rule) had it wrong!!
Edit (1/26 22:08): Clarification for the last sentence above: I meant that, of the work done in the U.S., 50% of my coworkers do 98% of the work. By no means did that figure include my colleagues in Japan (see comments).
Edit (1/26 22:08): Clarification for the last sentence above: I meant that, of the work done in the U.S., 50% of my coworkers do 98% of the work. By no means did that figure include my colleagues in Japan (see comments).


Leave a comment
so your team in Japan does only 2% or what..? maybe the ratio differs depending on the size of organization, you think? my company is rather small and there arn't too many lazy ones. y
No, you misread that..."Half my department in the U.S. does 98% of the work", implying that half the team does 2% of the work (in the U.S.), e.g. not much. That wasn't a comment about how my colleagues in Japan work. Actually, the ones I'm around work harder for I think comparatively less money. In that regard, I feel like I should be working even more than 12-14 hrs a day....