::G's Blog

Plug into my stream of consciousness.

Rifleman

by ::G @ 2011-05-18 00:32
At the May 8th Appleseed shoot in Winona, I finally qualified as a "rifleman"!  Just so I'd know it wasn't a fluke, I shot three qualifying scores: 211, 218, and 211 again, all with iron sights.  I'd been to a few Appleseeds before—with the last shoot it's a full three—but it's always a blast.  I think I just had to get more time in using the sling and finding NPOA quickly, as stages 2 and 3 of the AQT are unforgiving time-wise.

When I think about it, being able to shoot those stage 4 targets seems improbable: through the sight, that target's no wider than the front post!  I almost wouldn't have believed that I could do that well, yet with practice and perseverance, it can be done.

I still have a long way to go, of course, at least to get to shooting a KD AQT with 7.62x51mm.  Baby steps!  At least I know I can get there, and that's a beautiful thing.