I'm free—for a week!
by ::G @ 2004-12-30 02:19
Yesterday was my first day off for the end-of-year holidays. Feels good to not have to go to work. I got up at 10:00 and worked on my slightly late New Year's cards. There's a little guilt in not having sent Christmas cards, but I think the people I normally send cards to would understand. Probably.
Later Noel and I went to Fujisawa. I needed to hit the bank, and mail my nengajou at the post office. We hopped a bus to the mall and dropped by the bookstore Sachie works at to say hi. Lunch in the food court is so high-school. There's this spot called "Loco Moco" that serves "moco", an apparently Hawaiian sort of donburi. Of course if one is going to the mall, they have to hit Nojima to gawk at electronics. I ended up buying Vampire Chronicles for the PSP...even though I don't have time to play it. Thought about buying Puyo Puyo Fever, which is what I played at TGS, but Sachie got it for the GBA and I decided I didn't like it as much as the older Puyo. Besides, I like fighting games, and Vampire Chronicles is made by Capcom (yo Ben!!). Moji Pittan Daijiten still has my attention, though.
I was up really late doing miscellaneous junk, but finally got around to copying a DVD that I own as a test to see if I could remove region codes. With just Nero Recode2 and DVD Idle Pro, I was able to recode and burn Clerks region code-free. Since I bought an external iodata dual-layer burner (for just 10k yen—$100!), I should actually be able to burn the full thing without recoding. First I have to snag some DL media, though.
Didn't get up until 14:00 today...since I went to sleep after 4. There went the day! Freedom from the alarm clock is great, but really, to accomplish as much as one would like, one has to continue to observe one's schedule. I did a little cleaning, but much remains. We'll see. Working on some more nengajou; maybe I'll go running later.
Later Noel and I went to Fujisawa. I needed to hit the bank, and mail my nengajou at the post office. We hopped a bus to the mall and dropped by the bookstore Sachie works at to say hi. Lunch in the food court is so high-school. There's this spot called "Loco Moco" that serves "moco", an apparently Hawaiian sort of donburi. Of course if one is going to the mall, they have to hit Nojima to gawk at electronics. I ended up buying Vampire Chronicles for the PSP...even though I don't have time to play it. Thought about buying Puyo Puyo Fever, which is what I played at TGS, but Sachie got it for the GBA and I decided I didn't like it as much as the older Puyo. Besides, I like fighting games, and Vampire Chronicles is made by Capcom (yo Ben!!). Moji Pittan Daijiten still has my attention, though.
I was up really late doing miscellaneous junk, but finally got around to copying a DVD that I own as a test to see if I could remove region codes. With just Nero Recode2 and DVD Idle Pro, I was able to recode and burn Clerks region code-free. Since I bought an external iodata dual-layer burner (for just 10k yen—$100!), I should actually be able to burn the full thing without recoding. First I have to snag some DL media, though.
Didn't get up until 14:00 today...since I went to sleep after 4. There went the day! Freedom from the alarm clock is great, but really, to accomplish as much as one would like, one has to continue to observe one's schedule. I did a little cleaning, but much remains. We'll see. Working on some more nengajou; maybe I'll go running later.


Leave a comment