Tiger
by ::G @ 2010-02-21 17:05
While checked in at St. Mary's, I had the time to read the two issues of WSJ that I'd accumulated. There were no less than three articles in the weekend edition regarding Tiger Woods' admission of infidelity on Friday. I'm not into golf and so my interest in the Woods case is more of the gawking-at-a-car-wreck variety.
Some people have said that he was a fool for looking for bonkin' on the outside when he's got a hot wife. Personally, I don't find her attractive at all, but then again my opinion doesn't really matter. More to the point, with two kids, one infant and one toddler, I'd wager that Tiger hasn't been getting much play from Elin lately. That doesn't make it right, but I'd say it could be one motivation. That said, I would've expected a billionaire to get with some better looking women. Then again, there's no accounting for taste.
Some folks at work have said that Woods shouldn't have gotten married, that he should've just enjoyed a life of leisure, and initially I thought the same. However, that course of action wouldn't be possible: If he were single, gold-diggers would be crawling out of the woodwork trying to tie him down. That's not really what a wealthy bachelor would be looking for. Being married, they already know that he's not going to dump his "gorgeous" wife for them, and have to be content with a little no-strings canoodling. The environment is completely different.
In a way, I find it amusing that so many sponsors have distanced themselves from Woods so fast. It's not like he's a completely different person now than he was prior to his one-car accident—the public perception of him has changed due to the revelations of infidelity. As always, people see what they want to see.
I personally find my mother-in-law's commentary humorous: That the guy's a billionaire sports hero who provides his wife with quite a lifestyle, so the least she could do is not make a big deal out of it. Definitely not what an American mother-in-law would say! While Woods' wife ought to chill a bit, at the same time, Woods' promiscuous behavior is most likely self-destructive, so he ought to get it under control. Profligacy would seem to be the anathema of an athlete.
No outstanding insights here, just my two yen on the spectacle of the moment.
Some people have said that he was a fool for looking for bonkin' on the outside when he's got a hot wife. Personally, I don't find her attractive at all, but then again my opinion doesn't really matter. More to the point, with two kids, one infant and one toddler, I'd wager that Tiger hasn't been getting much play from Elin lately. That doesn't make it right, but I'd say it could be one motivation. That said, I would've expected a billionaire to get with some better looking women. Then again, there's no accounting for taste.
Some folks at work have said that Woods shouldn't have gotten married, that he should've just enjoyed a life of leisure, and initially I thought the same. However, that course of action wouldn't be possible: If he were single, gold-diggers would be crawling out of the woodwork trying to tie him down. That's not really what a wealthy bachelor would be looking for. Being married, they already know that he's not going to dump his "gorgeous" wife for them, and have to be content with a little no-strings canoodling. The environment is completely different.
In a way, I find it amusing that so many sponsors have distanced themselves from Woods so fast. It's not like he's a completely different person now than he was prior to his one-car accident—the public perception of him has changed due to the revelations of infidelity. As always, people see what they want to see.
I personally find my mother-in-law's commentary humorous: That the guy's a billionaire sports hero who provides his wife with quite a lifestyle, so the least she could do is not make a big deal out of it. Definitely not what an American mother-in-law would say! While Woods' wife ought to chill a bit, at the same time, Woods' promiscuous behavior is most likely self-destructive, so he ought to get it under control. Profligacy would seem to be the anathema of an athlete.
No outstanding insights here, just my two yen on the spectacle of the moment.


Leave a comment