::G's Blog

Plug into my stream of consciousness.

9 to 23

by ::G @ 2004-09-06 23:14
Hate your 9-5? What if you had to do a 9 to 11, and I mean 9 am to 11 pm? That's my day. Actually, it's more like 10-10, as the official work day here begins at 09:45. I count my commute, though, because in Rochester it was only 5 minutes, and it's irritating to have to waste 10x that on my commute here. My apartment ain't cheap, but I'd give up half the space for a 50% shorter commute. Time is at a premium here.

Anyway, I left my place at 08:55 yesterday, got to work at 09:45, left work at 22:45, and got home a bit after 23:30. This isn't even as bad as it gets...there've been times during my business trips that I worked until 2 in the morning and did it again the next day. Sleep-work-sleep-work....

You think you've got it bad? Hah! Come work in Japan, Mr. Salaryman.