::G's Blog

Plug into my stream of consciousness.

Nine Days

by ::G @ 2004-10-26 00:24
Sometimes sitting down to write something worthy for this blog is a pain. A recap of the past nine days, composed over several:

10/16 (Sat) — Kevin and his gf Chiharu stop over at the G pad. Perfect weather for a cookout, American style, with burgers and brats (the Fuji Super actually sells bratwurst!!). However Sachie gets sauced and we have an argument. Great. Walking "Kebbie & Chi-chan" back to Katase Enoshima station, the guys and girls naturally separated, by language and....

10/17 (Sun) — Minami's was closed, so I have to pass again on a needed haircut. Sachie didn't have seiyuu school, so we just wander around the area.

10/18 (Mon) — The work problems from last week remain and aren't going away anytime soon, even though it's being worked on in Rochester and in Fujisawa. This time, it's the hard stuff.

10/19 (Tue) — Work, and attending an enkai the "Sawayaka Gundan" held for Thunthuch at WaraWara, an izakaya in Shonandai. Thunthuch was an assignee from Thailand who lived in the same building as I'm living in now. I end up talking to Suzuki-san, Sasaki-san, and Shirakura-san most of the evening.

10/20 (Wed) — After work, I stopped in at the Campari Club to have a little dinner and deliver the Twins "Homer Hankies" Mr. Green sent via Sai-san. Nao-san, Igu-san, and Yoko-san were there. Typhoon #23 blew in at about 22:00 sending warm air and sheets of rain, so Akiyama-san closed early and Sachie and I took a taxi home. The typhoon ended up being pretty disappointing in the Fujisawa area, although it was bad in other parts of Japan. #23 was larger than #22, but not as strong.

10/21 (Thu) — My manager from Rochester arrives in Fujisawa. I get to update him on all the problem status items and show him around. Because he's here, I was able to go home earlier than usual (21:00), but then we went to dinner at Sangendo and I didn't get home until midnight. At least his politics aren't too different from mine, as that makes him easier not to dislike.

10/22 (Fri) — Today I was on the receiving end of lectures from my manager. Again. Not in the bad sense, but I think I'm probably more receptive to his management ideas that some of others on the team who liked the old manager's style better. We head out to どやっ, a little mom-and-pop restaurant specializing in okonomiyaki and other "Osaka soul food". I've been there 3-4 times so they recognize me and give me a discount. I got my manager to try a Ramune sour. He liked it and said he was going to buy a bottle of shochu at the duty-free shop.

10/23 (Sat) — Sleeping in, getting a haircut at 美容室ミナミ, not buying a hi-fi setup yet. Nishijima-san stops by, but no Noel...too bad. Pizza and champagne, what a combination. Later Sumie-san and Tetsuo stop by. Plugging in the PSX I got from Sachie, followed by a raucous round of Super Smash Brothers.

10/24 (Sun) — Sachie and I met my manager in Yokohama and headed off to Akihabara. I used to go there at least once every business trip to Fujisawa, but it'd been about eight months since I'd last gone. We had lunch at a kaiten sushi place in Ochanomizu and wandered the stores a bit. I wish I'd had a chance to wander off the beaten path a bit more. I'm jonesing for a new computer. Thinking of buying a SFF "barestyle", plus putting my old MicroATX mainboard in a smaller case and using my current Lian Li for a more high-powered setup. Need to finish one thing first.

10/25 (Mon) — Work, what more can I say?

And that's all the news that's fit to print.