Sordid details
by ::G @ 2005-03-08 10:57
Brief details of the past week.
The family dog, Maxie, died the weekend before last. That really sucked. Well, she was old, but she was part of the family. What's most disconcerting is that I didn't get to go to a dog funeral, so to me she was just there, and now I'll never get to see her again. It seems very detached until I think about it, and then it's a little depressing. Still, she had a long life, and the family enjoyed having her around. A meaningful existence is the most any of us can hope for.
Wednesday, Joel and I finished up early (if one can call 21:00 early) and hit Amataro by Shonandai station. Our old manager used to call it "The Frosty Mug" because their beer mugs are indeed frosty. That was about the 3rd time I'd been to that location; there's a second one not too far away that I'd been to once also. That was cool.
Friday was Joel's last working day in Fujisawa this business trip, so M.I., M.K., Joel, and I went out to dinner. Actually, we hit this tenpura restaurant in Fujisawa, not Shonandai, and it was pretty good. It was up on the 7th floor of the building with the Enoden station in it. That was the first time I'd been in that shopping area at all, actually. M.K. bailed on us after dinner, so we went to a bar called Jammin'. The seating inside was full, but they had patio seating. Thankfully it was enclosed with plastic to keep out the wind and there was a kerosene stove for heat. I wasn't too enthused, but M.I. seemed interested. I think I know why: he saw the help. The waitress we had was pretty cute, and well, we all got a view while she was lighting the stove. The place had these cheesy fries that totally ruled. I don't like potatoes, personally, but there was some taco-like meat in it, and taco is muy bien, dude. The place was unusual; I suppose it was a surfer hangout.
Sunday I was recuperating from snowboarding. Just kidding. I slept in, but I was alright. Sachie went to yoga with Rie, so I had some time to myself. I got a few things done around the house, then went to Fujisawa for a bit. I picked up some supplies at the 100 yen store...why pay more? *grin* Couldn't find "Ike! Inachu Takkyuubu" at Animate, so I went to Tully's. A cafe environment helps me focus on one thing, which in this case was writing a letter to my bro to send in a package. The barista from the Tully's in the mall was working in Fujisawa that night. Normally the drinks at this Tully's aren't as good as the one in the mall. This girl always makes good coffee, so I got a decent drink this time: "Marshmallow Mocha".
I can never seem to get as much done as I'd like. Hard to believe almost a year's gone by already.
The family dog, Maxie, died the weekend before last. That really sucked. Well, she was old, but she was part of the family. What's most disconcerting is that I didn't get to go to a dog funeral, so to me she was just there, and now I'll never get to see her again. It seems very detached until I think about it, and then it's a little depressing. Still, she had a long life, and the family enjoyed having her around. A meaningful existence is the most any of us can hope for.
Wednesday, Joel and I finished up early (if one can call 21:00 early) and hit Amataro by Shonandai station. Our old manager used to call it "The Frosty Mug" because their beer mugs are indeed frosty. That was about the 3rd time I'd been to that location; there's a second one not too far away that I'd been to once also. That was cool.
Friday was Joel's last working day in Fujisawa this business trip, so M.I., M.K., Joel, and I went out to dinner. Actually, we hit this tenpura restaurant in Fujisawa, not Shonandai, and it was pretty good. It was up on the 7th floor of the building with the Enoden station in it. That was the first time I'd been in that shopping area at all, actually. M.K. bailed on us after dinner, so we went to a bar called Jammin'. The seating inside was full, but they had patio seating. Thankfully it was enclosed with plastic to keep out the wind and there was a kerosene stove for heat. I wasn't too enthused, but M.I. seemed interested. I think I know why: he saw the help. The waitress we had was pretty cute, and well, we all got a view while she was lighting the stove. The place had these cheesy fries that totally ruled. I don't like potatoes, personally, but there was some taco-like meat in it, and taco is muy bien, dude. The place was unusual; I suppose it was a surfer hangout.
Sunday I was recuperating from snowboarding. Just kidding. I slept in, but I was alright. Sachie went to yoga with Rie, so I had some time to myself. I got a few things done around the house, then went to Fujisawa for a bit. I picked up some supplies at the 100 yen store...why pay more? *grin* Couldn't find "Ike! Inachu Takkyuubu" at Animate, so I went to Tully's. A cafe environment helps me focus on one thing, which in this case was writing a letter to my bro to send in a package. The barista from the Tully's in the mall was working in Fujisawa that night. Normally the drinks at this Tully's aren't as good as the one in the mall. This girl always makes good coffee, so I got a decent drink this time: "Marshmallow Mocha".
I can never seem to get as much done as I'd like. Hard to believe almost a year's gone by already.


Leave a comment
...Hmm, you seem both busy & sad, but somehow yr girlfriend + nice friends helped to soothe yr sorrow.
Also, for "Inachu-Takkyu-Bu"...I love it too :D Surprized again with your abilities to understand Japanese so well, very nice!!
Tullys - made me nostalgic for Tokyo area so much. I used to stay there to finish assignments, yes.
I'll be off to the capital this montn, maybe around 3/4/or final week. I'm ready for it, but somehow Kanagawa friends seem so busy, too - one back to hometown in Hokkaido, others seem just too much to do right now.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
木曜のあるクラスの親御さんからブーイングを受けてしまい、解雇されました。同時に、おばの働いている工場で、通訳を募集しているのでやらないか、と頼まれました。
今、転換期に立たされています。それで、URLとusernameを変えました。攻撃から身を守るためです。でも、ある意味前向きです。
It sucks really bad to lose a pet or anything you love for that matter.
...Hey how you came kid A!!
Stop to post around for my blogmates' blog so much in a foolish ways!!! :( *Baka!!*
...Tired to play with your Jutsu. Down to earth!! Hah...
It's especially interesting that he's living in Rochester, MN, where I lived before I moved here to Fujisawa. Roch isn't exactly a bustling metropolis or a cultural center that people aspire to reside in. The world can be a small place sometimes.
"Kid A"? From his blog photo, he looks a little like Kid Rock! ;-)