::G's Blog

Plug into my stream of consciousness.

Nothing like being busy

by ::G @ 2005-02-17 01:22
I got this sense not too long after I started my assignment, but these days I'm becoming less of an engineer and more of a politician. Since I'm involved with so many drive programs (more than 10), I can't focus on any one of them very deeply, and instead have to scale my depth with my workload. Lately I've been handling only the big problems, which leads to involvement in strange situations where politics becomes a factor. That's just part of being an assignee, I suppose.

Tuesdays are my day to leave a bit early. That's because Sachie has Tuesday evenings off, as it's the one day a week Campari Club is closed. This past week, "early" was 21:00—typical. Sachie picked me up at work in the 180 and we went to Gusto for a light, late dinner. She'd gotten me a nice cake on Monday for Valentine's (unfortunately not hand made, but who has time for that), so we've been devouring that this week. After getting back to The Pad, I worked up the nerve to try driving the 180. Well, I stalled it. A lot. It's been a while since I drove a stick shift, and the narrow roads here are rough. I'm serious, the two-way streets in my neighborhood would be too narrow for one-way streets in the U.S.! Anyway, the 180 really moves if you give it a little gas. Since I didn't take it out on the highway, I could only go up to 3rd gear, but whoa. By the time I finished, I was able to park it tail-end in reasonably well.

Although last weekend was a three day weekend, I was still recovering from my cold most of the time. I slept quite a bit. On Sunday I got out to Fujisawa to mail a couple packages. Dinner was a "Takumi Burger" at the perennial favorite, Mos Burger. After I got home, I went to work at fixing my PowerBook. An "archive and install" fixed the boot issue, although the disk errors still remain. Ostensibly those are in my "Previous System" folder. Well, I suppose eventually I'll have to blitz the disk and re-format.

When one's busy, time's flow is more noticeable in things unaccomplished or forgotten in the unending and constant passage. I don't know if I'm doing well in life or, if my perceptions are any indication, if the things I want to accomplish in life are being left by me along the wayside.

「ゆく河の流れは絶えずして、しかももとの水にあらず。」 誠、誠。