::G's Blog

Plug into my stream of consciousness.

Three-day weekend

by ::G @ 2005-03-18 05:20
Today, I left work early, after only about 9 hours. It's been a while since I haven't put in 60+ hrs during a non-holiday work week. I was probably only up to about 52 or so this go-around. I felt kind of guilty at leaving early, but no one said anything, so I thought, "Why don't I do this more often?!" Once April 1st rolls around, I fully intend to. After one year is up, I'll finally be able to relax.

Monday is Shunbun no Hi, the spring equinox, which for whatever reason is a holiday. A three-day weekend is just what I need. With an early Friday off, it's even better! Awww yeah.

Actually, the reason I left early is to receive the HDD destined for Katie's PowerBook, which is in pieces on my living room table. Unfortunately, the package delivery service here only delivers from about 09:00 to 21:00, which is impossible for me with work and all. In the U.S., one can sign the delivery slip and have them leave the package, but that isn't done here. Also, in the U.S., I could leave around dinner time, pick up a package at UPS or FedEx, and head back to work afterward. That's not the way things work around here, and it's pretty inconvenient. Sagawa Kyuubin is the only service I know of that delivers late, up to 23:00 I think, so of course I like them the best. It sucks only being able to get packages on weekends. Or on rare days when I cut out early. Fortunately, most of the other CI team had already left, so I didn't feel so bad. Anyway, I'm going to log on remotely and send out a few status notes so I'm not completely done for the day.

There's one other package from Amazon that I should be getting, but that can wait until Sunday. For now, I want to install this HDD so I can get it back to Katie soon. After doing a bit of work-related stuff, I may blog a few items before crashing. The plan for tomorrow is snowboarding again before the season ends, so it's going to be an early morning. And I'm not a morning person.